The graduate of the Medical assistant is competent to work in healthcare facilities of acute care as well as long term care, nursing home care, social work and care, geriatric care, hospice care or respite care. The graduate provides nursing care under the supervision of a general nurse or a midwife and, in cooperation with a doctor, the graduate participates in providing preventive, therapeutic, urgent, diagnostic and dispensary care within the scope of his / her qualification, in accordance with the bill of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic. The graduate can also continue with his / her studies at universities or specialized colleges or start their own business activity.
The graduate is competent to:
- provide basic nursing care and cooperate in providing highly specialized nursing care in the Czech republic as well as abroad,
- provide nursing care (under the supervision of a general nurse, midwife or a doctor),
- prepare clients / patients for diagnostic and therapeutic treatment, to assist in the treatment and provide nursing care after the treatment within the scope of the graduate´s qualification,
- ensure health and safety during work
- communicate in a foreign language environment
Compulsory subjects are determined by the Curriculum designed for the field.
Students of the 3rd and 4th year choose from the elective courses which are updated (for the following school year) in the spring. The offer is available in the Moodle.
In addition to the mandatory offer, there are also optional subjects offered. Our goal is to enable pupils to extend the scope of knowledge beyond the curriculum.
The optional subjects offer differs in accordance with the year the pupil is in and is published in the LMS Moodle.
An optional subject will be opened if at least 15 applicants enroll. The application form is binding for the whole school year.
Method of graduation
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports the education is completed by school-leaving examination (GCSE) which follows the Education Act and its relevant procedure protocol. As a proof of their successful graduation the graduates receive a school leaving certificate.